- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 200 g diced bacon
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, sliced
- 2 stock cubes
- 1 can KOO Lentil, rinsed
Kitchen gadgets:Large saucepan, small frying pan, sharp knife
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, 100 g bacon and carrot. Cook on a low to medium heat for 10 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add cumin, turmeric, garlic and chilli and cook for a further 1 – 2 minutes until the aromas are released.
- Pour in 1.25 litres of boiling water, crumble in the stock cubes and add the lentils. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure the lentils aren’t sticking.
- Meanwhile, fry remaining bacon in a small frying pan for about 10 minutes until crispy.
- Serve the soup with a sprinkle of crispy bacon on top.