- 100 ml KOO fruit juice kept from the cans
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 125 ml brandy
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 ml water
- Pinch of salt
- ½ can KOO Apricot Halves, drained and diced (keep liquid for sauce)
- ½ can KOO Pear Halves, drained and diced (keep liquid for sauce)
- 150 g dates, stoned and finely chopped
- 250 ml boiling water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 125 g butter or baking margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cup flour, sieved twice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
Kitchen gadgets:Tart baking dish, pot for sauce, electric mixer
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a tart baking dish with spray and cook.
- Put the dates in a small mixing bowl and sprinkle bicarb over it. Pour all the boiling water over it, it will froth. Mix and allow to stand until cooled.
- In a large mixing bowl,Cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until light and creamy, add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt to the egg mixture and fold in.
- Stir in the bicarb dates and Koo fruits and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the deep oven dish (must not be more than ¾ full). Bake in the oven for about 35 to 40 Minutes, until a skewer comes out clean. While baking, make the sauce.
- Sauce: Heat the fruit juice, butter, sugar and water together for 5 Minutes in a pot, ensure sugar has dissolved. Remove from the stove and add brandy, vanilla and salt.
- Pour the sauce over the pudding as soon as it comes out, should be drenched in sauce. Allow to stand and absorb.
- Serve hot or cold. Great served with Pouring Cream or Crème Fraiche.