- 250 g couscous
- 250 vegetable stock, boiling
- 1 can KOO Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 300 g courgette, sliced on the slant
- 300 g small vine-ripened tomatoes, halved
- 250 g pack halloumi cheese, thickly sliced and then halved lengthways
- 125 ml olive oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- ½ tsp sugar
Kitchen gadgets:Bowl, large serving dish
- Tip the couscous into a bowl, pour the boiling stock over and mix well with a fork. Cover with a plate and leave for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, tip all the dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Leave to infuse for at least 15 minutes before using. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Fluff up the couscous with a fork, stir in the chickpeas and follow with half of the dressing. Mix well and pile on to a large serving dish.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan and fry the courgette slices over a high heat for 2-3 minutes until dark golden brown. Lift out onto kitchen paper. Put the tomatoes cut-side down into the pan, and cook for another couple of minutes until tinged brown on the underside. Top the couscous with courgettes and then the tomatoes.
- If the pan is dry, pour in a little more oil and heat it up then add the halloumi strips and fry for 2-3 minutes, turning them over from time to time, until crisp and sizzled brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pile on top of the tomatoes and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Serve as soon as possible.