- 75 g, softened butter
- ¾ cup, light brown sugar
- ¾ cup cake flour
- ¾ cup, roughly chopped pecans
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup, softened butter
- 1 cup, light brown sugar
- 1 cup, white sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups, sifted cake flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp Ground mixed spices
- 2 tins (410g), finely chopped KOO Unsweetened Pie Apple Slices
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup, dried cranberries or raisins
- ¼ tsp ground cardamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup, roughly chopped pecans
Kitchen gadgets:Electric Mixer, Loaf Pans, Mixing bowls
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spray 2 large loaf pans with Spray and Cook. Line the bottom with greaseproof paper(optional).
- Using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars together until light and creamy.
- Add baking powder and buttermilk, beat until combined. Add eggs and vanilla, beat until all mixed in.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, spices and salt together and then slowly add to the egg mixture on low speed until all is incorporated.
- Fold in the apples and the cranberries.
- Streusel topping: Mix dry ingredients together, add the softened butter and rub lightly with your fingertips until it resembles soft crumbs.
- Divide the streusel between the 2 loaf and spread evenly all over the top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 55 to 60 Minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan, cool completely on a wire rack. Best wrapped and stored overnight in a sealed container before slicing.