- 1 can KOO Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can KOO Whole Kernel Corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 large red pepper or two small, cored and sliced
- 1 tbsp high heat oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 jalapenos, cored and sliced (optional)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt & pepper
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 2 medium sized spaghetti squash
Kitchen gadgets:Baking tray, sharp knife, fork
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and line a baking tray with foil.
- Wash the spaghetti squash and then slice off the stem at the top. Cut each squash in half lengthwise and then use a spoon to scrap out the seeds and the darker yellow strands that the seeds are attached to.
- Rub a little bit of oil on the inner edges of the squash and then place each half face down on the baking sheet/dish. Roast in the oven for 30 - 45 minutes, depending on the size (longer for larger squash). You can test to see if it's done by scraping the inside with a fork. Strands should come loose as you scrape all the way down to the flesh.
- While the squash is roasting, prepare the filling by warming one tablespoon oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté; the red onion for a few minutes and then add the peppers and jalapeno. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and cumin and cook to desired softness.
- When the squash is done cooking, allow it to cool for a few minutes before handling. Turn the oven to grill and then transfer the squash to a surface where you can scrape the inside and begin stuffing.
- Scrape about 3/4 of the inside out onto a dish and then layer the filling inside (beans and corn, peppers and onion, salsa and cilantro). Top with the spaghetti squash and press down then add another layer of filling. Sprinkle green onion on top and then finish with grated cheese.
- Grill in the oven for about 5 minutes so that the cheese is bubble and golden brown then serve!