- 2 packets Bodouir biscuits or finger biscuits
- 2 tins condensed milk
- ¾ cup 100 % lemon juice
- 200 g cream cheese, smooth and plain
- 500 ml cream whipped stiffly
- 1 cup coconut marshmallows, chopped
- 1 can KOO Fruit Cocktail, drained
- 1 can KOO Guavas, drained and chopped roughly
- ½ cup granadilla pulp
- ½ cup red cherries, halved, maraschino or glace (optional)
- Toasted coconut for the top
Kitchen gadgets:Round cake tin, wooden spoon, cake stand
- You will also need: A bright and cheerful ribbon for garnish & colourful rose petals (some sugared)
- Grease a 20 or 23 cm springform cake tin. Layer some biscuits over the bottom to cover the whole surface.
- Fruit: Mix the fruit cocktail, guavas, granadilla pulp and cherries together
- Cream Mix: In a bowl whisk the lemon juice and condensed milk together until thickened, add the cream cheese and fold in the whipped cream until smooth. Fold in the chopped Marshmallows.
- Put ¼ of the mixture of cream over the biscuit layer and then top with half the fruit mixture. Put another layer of biscuits over the fruit mix. Then put ¼ of the cream mixture over and then the rest of the fruit mixture over that. Even out.
- Top the fruit with the remaining cream mixture and smooth out. Refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours.
- Gently unmold the cake onto a large serving plate/cake stand. Smooth the sides out with a knife. Using the remaining biscuits, stand them like soldiers all around the sides, closely together.
- Use the ribbon to tie around the cake and finish off with a bow.
- Coat the top with extra toasted coconut and use rose petals to garnish.
- Refrigerate until, ready to serve.