- 75 g butter
- 75 g light muscovado sugar or treacle sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 can KOO Pear Halves, drained and chopped
- 2½ cm piece stem ginger, finely chopped
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 175 g natural yoghurt
- 175 ml Golden Cloud Self-raising Flour
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
Kitchen gadgets:Muffin tin, sharp knife, wooden spoon
- Heat oven to 200°C. Spray muffin tin with Spray & Cook.
- Place the butter and sugar in a bowl, then beat until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, then stir in the pears, stem ginger and lemon zest.
- Mix the milk into the yoghurt. Mix the flour with the ginger. Stir a little of the milk mixture into the butter mixture, then stir a little of the flour into the mixture. Repeat until all the ingredients are used up, being careful not to over-mix.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin tins, filling to the top. Bake for 40 minutes until golden. Serve warm.