- 1 can KOO Fresh Garden Peas in Mint Flavoured Brine, drained and rinsed
- 1 can KOO Chickpeas, drained
- 3 tbsp flour, plus a little for dusting
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter or tahini
- Handful parsley, chopped
- Half a handful mint, chopped
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 200 g couscous
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 100 ml plain yoghurt
Kitchen gadgets:Colander, food processor, large bowl, large pan
- Blend half the peas in a food processor.
- Add chickpeas, flour, garlic, cumin seeds, peanut butter or tahini, parsley, lemon zest and plenty of seasoning. Whizz the ingredients to a paste, adding a splash of water if needed.
- With wet hands, shape the mixture into 8 patties, dust with flour, then place on a plate and chill for 10 minutes, or longer if you have time.
- Place the couscous in a large bowl, season and pour over enough boiling water to just cover. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large pan. Cook the falafels for 2 - 3 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden you may have to do this in batches, so keep them warm in a low oven while you do.
- Add the remaining oil, lemon juice, mint, tomatoes and peas to the couscous. Serve the salad and falafels with a dollop of yoghurt.