- 50 g butter, softened
- 45 ml Mrs Balls Chutney, original
- 20 g sultanas or raisins
- 60 g KOO Apricots, drained and chopped small
- 20 ml coconut
- 500 ml Golden Cloud Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- Pinch of salt
- 85 g butter
- 100 ml milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¾ cup KOO Cocktail Onions, drained and cut in half or normal onions can be used
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- ½ each green pepper, diced
- 15 ml medium curry powder
- 5 ml masala
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp KOO Tomato Paste
- 500 g lamb mincemeat
- 1 can KOO Peas, drained
- 125 ml lamb, chicken or veg stock
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper
Kitchen gadgets:Pot, oven-casserole dish, rolling pin
- Mince: Heat the Oil in a deep saucepan, add the onions, garlic and green pepper and saute' until softened or translucent. Add the spices and the tomato paste and fry for a minute.
- Add the mincemeat and cook until lightly browned. Add the stock and mix well. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Allow the mince to cook for 5 minutes
- Fold in the peas and the coriander and mint, mix to combine.
- Dish all the mince into a greased deep ovenproof casserole dish (one that you can use for serving). Use Spray & Cook to grease, its far less fatty than oil or butter.
- Pastry Filling: Mix all ingredients together
- Preheat the Oven to 180°C.
- Pastry: Sift the flour, salt, paprika and curry powder together. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles crumbs. Add just enough milk to form a stiff dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until approx. 8 mm thick and into a rectangle.
- Spread the filling over the rolled out dough. Roll the dough up (lengthways) like a swiss roll or pinwheel and cut into 1 cm slices.
- Arrange the pastry pinwheel slices on top of the mince, ensure all mince areas are mostly covered. Allow for a little space between each pinwheel for rising and expansion when baking.
- Bake for 30 Minutes or until pastry slices are cooked through and golden brown.