- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 big potatoes, cleaned and diced in small 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 L chicken stock
- 1 can KOO Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 6 strips bacon, sliced in ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup diced smoked ham
- ½ cup mature cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp Golden Cloud Flour
- 1½ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to season
Kitchen gadgets:Medium pan, paper towels, large sauce pan
- In a medium pan, cook bacon on medium high, and put aside on a paper towel.
- In the same pan, cook onions on medium/high heat with the bacon fat and stir frequently for 4 minutes. Add garlic and celery and cook for another two minutes. If the pan looks a bit dry, add a teaspoon of butter. Add in potatoes and paprika and cook for another 2 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Transfer veggies into a large sauce pan and add in chicken stock, corn and sliced bacon. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium. Add ham and cover. Cook until the potatoes are ready, about 20 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, add in the cheddar and the cream cheese.
- Mix well until melted. In the same medium pan you used for the veggies, heat up 3 tablespoons of butter until melted. Add in the flour and mix well. Let the flour and butter cook for about 3-4 minutes or until it starts to have a nutty smell. Mix frequently. Slowly, add in milk and whisk constantly. When the mixture thickens, add in cream and mix well.
- Continue cooking and whisking until the mixture has a thick sauce consistency. Turn off the heat and transfer into the soup pot and mix thoroughly. Continue cooking for 2/3 minutes and season to taste.