- 2 large fresh pizza bases (approx. 30 cm)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup onions, half ring sliced
- 5 ml garlic
- 2 cups spicy chorizo sausage, sliced thinly
- 1 can KOO Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce
- 1 can KOO Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 250 ml All Gold Pasta Sauce Tomato and Chilli
- 2 tsps fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tsps fresh oreganum, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Mrs Balls Chutney, hot
- 1 ½ cups calamari baby tubes or rings, crumbed and deep fried
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 slices mozzarella, sliced thinly
- Extra fresh herbs for garnish
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon
Kitchen gadgets:Frying pan, fryer, pizza stone
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Place pizza base on pizza stone or greased baking sheet.
- In a pan, heat the oil and saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the chorizo Sausage and cook until lightly crispy. (This allows all the delicious flavours to release)
- Add the baked beans and kidney beans, as well as the tomato and chilli pasta sauce. Bring to the boil. Allow to simmer for 5 Minutes. Add the fresh herbs and chutney and mix well. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer until sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Divide the chunky sauce between the pizza bases and smooth out to cover the base all over. Ensure you have chunky bits evenly placed. Arrange crumbed calamari over the top and then sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and mozzarella placed adhoc.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until pizza base is cooked through underneath and the cheese has melted and lightly golden.
- Serve sliced immediately with a squeeze of lemon and drizzle of olive oil. Garnish with extra fresh herb leaves.