- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock, divided
- 2 cans KOO Whole Kernel Corn kernels , drained
- 220 g diced smoked ham
- 110 g white Cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh chives, plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 ½ cup Tastic Risotto Rice
- ¾ cup dry white wine
Kitchen gadgets:Large saucepan, wooden spoon, sharp knife
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, until opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Add wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup stock and cook, stirring until absorbed, 5 to 6 minutes. Repeat 2 more times. Add remaining cup stock and corn and cook, stirring, until rice is tender, 4 5 minutes. Stir in ham and cook until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Stir in chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately topped with additional chives.