- 100 g chorizo, skins removed
- 3 pork sausage, squeezed from their skins
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp lime juice, plus wedges to serve
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- 200 g can KOO Mixed Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium egg, lightly whisked
- 1½ tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
- Soured cream, avocado, small handful rocket and chips, to serve (optional)
Kitchen gadgets:Frying pan, oven dish, sharp knife
- In a food processor, pulse the chorizo, sausage-meat, paprika, lime juice and coriander until well combined. Add the beans and some seasoning, and quickly pulse again to mix.
- Tip into a bowl and mix in just enough egg (about half) to bind. Shape into 2 fat burgers, cover and chill for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the burgers for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for a further 10 minutes until cooked through. Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve the burgers in rolls with soured cream, avocado and rocket, with chips and lime wedges on the side, if you like.