- 130 g butter
- 500 g dark chocolate
- 200 g icing sugar
- 330 ml cream
- 6 eggs
- 190 ml warm water
- 250 ml canola oil
- 10 ml vanilla essence
- 1 ml salt
- 10 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 10 ml baking powder
- 250 ml cocoa powder
- 500 castor sugar
- 2 cans KOO Butter Beans, drained
Kitchen gadgets:Food processor or stick blender, cake tin, glass bowls, sieve, measuring spoons and cups, hand-held mixer, spatulas, baking paper, palate knife, icing bag and star tube
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a food processor or with the stick blender puree the butter beans. Add the oil, water and vanilla essence and mix well to a thick white paste.
- Add bean mixture to eggs. Mix well. Whisk egg yolks for 5 minutes until thick and creamy. Sift 330 ml castor sugar, the cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Add sugar mixture and mix well.
- Whip egg whites with remaining sugar to soft medium peaks. Fold in one third to lighten mixture.
- Then fold in the rest of the white sugar mixture.
- Scrape into two 27 cm prepared cake tins (grease bottom of tins with Spray and Cook). Bake 50 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius or until done.
- Filling - Heat cream and chocolate until chocolate has melted. Leave to cool at room temperature. The two cakes rise quite high then collapse forming a perfect hollow for the filling. The layers can be leveled and filled and covered with the icing. With hand mixer beat in icing sugar and melted butter. If it looks greasy, add a little bit extra cream. Cover and leave to firm up.
- Fill a piping bag that has been fitted with a star nozzle and pipe swirls on the cake.