- 500 g lean minced beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and ?nely chopped
- 1 - 2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 150 ml red wine or extra stock
- 300 ml beef stock, made with 1 beef stock cube
- 1 can All Gold Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 can KOO Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp KOO Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp castor sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Kitchen gadgets:Large non-stick saucepan, sharp knife, wooden spoon
- Place a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat and add the beef and onions. Cook together for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ½ teaspoons of chilli powder, depending on how hot you like your chilli, and the cumin and coriander. Fry together for 12 minutes more. Sprinkle over the flour and stir well.
- Slowly add the wine and then the stock, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes and kidney beans into the pan and stir in the tomato purée, castor sugar, oregano and bay leaf. Season with a pinch of salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring to a simmer on stove, then cover loosely with a lid. Reduce the heat and leave to simmer gently for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until the mince is tender and the sauce is thick. Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve.