- 2 cans KOO Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 75 g butter, softened
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, plus extra to garnish
- 1.2 L vegetable stock
- 1 tsp each ground coriander and cumin
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
Kitchen gadgets:Medium bowl, pan, food processor
- Cream together the butter, fresh coriander, lime zest and seasoning. Spoon onto greaseproof paper and roll up into a sausage shape. Place in the freezer.
- Heat oil in a pan,then fry onion for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add pepper, garlic and 1 chilli. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring, then add ground coriander and cumin and cook for a further min.
- Stir in chickpeas and stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Whizz with a hand blender until smooth. Return to the pan to heat through. Stir in the lime juice, then season.
- Serve topped with a slice of the butter, remaining chilli and fresh coriander. Serve with warm pita bread.