- 4 - 6 large zucchini, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 220g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1½ tsp ground cumin, or to taste
- 1 can KOO Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Kitchen gadgets:Shallow baking dish, sharp knife, large pan
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a shallow baking dish.
- Scoop out the flesh of the zucchini; chop the flesh and set aside. Place the shells in the prepared dish.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté; onions for 5 minutes, then add garlic and sauté; for 2 minutes more. Stir in chopped zucchini flesh and mushrooms; sauté; 5 minutes. Stir in coriander, cumin, chickpeas, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into zucchini shells.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until zucchini are tender.