- 2 small onions, sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- ½ tsp minced ginger
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 lemongrass, chopped
- 5-6 lime leaves
- 1 large bottle KOO Sliced Beetroot, drained and chopped
- 1 tbsp white vinegar/
- 350 ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp cream
- Herbs to garnish
Kitchen gadgets:Pot, sharp knife, blend
- Heat some olive oil in a pot and add the sliced onions, carrots and minced ginger. Stir.
- Add the green chillies, lemongrass and lime leaves. Mix well.
- Add chopped beetroot and mix all the ingredients well.
- Add a splash of white vinegar. After giving it a quick stir, add the stock. (Adjust the stock according to your vegetables.)
- Add some salt and pepper and pour in the coconut milk and stir. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Transfer into a blender and blend. Adjust the seasoning.
- Add cream and fresh herbs to garnish. Chill until ready to serve.