- 250g plain KOO Sliced Beetroot, rinsed and drained
- 200g Beacon Dark Chocolate
- 200g Golden Cloud cake flour
- 200g unsalted butter*, melted
- 100g dark brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Icing sugar for dusting
Kitchen gadgets:Spring-foam cake tin, food processor
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 23cm spring-form cake tin.
- Puree the drained beetroot in a food processor.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and put to one side - some larger pieces will give the cake a great texture.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the broken chocolate, to the processor and whizz until well mixed. Pour into the prepared cake tin and lightly level out the surface.
- Bake in the middle of preheated oven for 45 - 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. The surface of the cake may have cracked a little. Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes in the tin before removing to a cooling rack.