Like our country of birth, KOO is a rainbow brand for a Rainbow nation – reflecting the flavours and tastes of our diverse people from Die Bloukrans to Boksburg, from Soweto to Sandton from Cape Town to Chatsworth, and everywhere in-between. And it’s this widespread love for KOO that has inspired us to do our bit on Mandela Day.
On the 18th of July, the country, and the world, celebrates the birthday of our wonderful Nelson Rolihlala Mandela. But it’s more than just a birthday celebration… it’s a tribute to his life’s work and a movement to change the world for the better.
The idea is that, no matter how small the act, every little bit of kindness helps to make the world a better place. It’s something that Mandela believed in, and it’s something that KOO believes in. So much so, that we’re pledging to help you as you pledge to help others.
There are so many ways to make a difference and to help bring about positive change. But we’re doing it the best way we know how – with great quality KOO products that will fill hungry tummies and bring people together over nutritious and tasty meals. So, to celebrate Mandela and the South Africa change-makers, KOO will be donating products to a charity of your choice.
What will your Mandela Day story be?
Tell us what you are doing to make the world a better place – share your 67 minute story of wholesome goodness on our KOO Facebook page and let KOO help you to help others.
For more information about all the goodness that our hero has brought into our South African lives, read here:
PROMOTIONAL COMPETITION RULES
- This competition starts on 18th July 2015 and closes on 25th July 2015. No late entries will be accepted.
- The competition is open to all South African residents who are 18 years and older.
- No director, employee, agent or consultant of the Tiger Brands Group of Companies, or their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members, or the supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition may participate in this competition.
- To enter this competition participants must:
- Share their story of how they spent their 67 minutes on Mandela Day (18th July 2015) with KOO on the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/MamaKOOSouthAfrica).
- The story can be shared on the Facebook page wall, in a comment on any of the Mandela Day posts or in a private message.
- Multiple entries are permitted but the prize will be limited to one per entrant.
- KOO will donate KOO products to the value of R7227 (67 cases of KOO Baked Beans) to the charity of the winning story’s choice. The prize includes the product as well as delivery of the product.
- Prizes may not be redeemed for cash and are not exchangeable.
- The winners may be required to sign a waiver of liability and indemnity before claiming their prizes.
- The winning charity will be required to provide their details which may include the following:
- NGO certificate
- Board Structure
- Identification Numbers of Board members
- Official letterhead
- The promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of similar commercial value in the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- The promoter is not liable for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotional competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
- Entries which are unclear, illegible or contain errors will be declared invalid.
- After the closing date one(1) winner will be selected and will be notified telephonically within two weeks of the selection having taken place. In the event that any of the winners cannot be successfully contacted following all reasonable attempts to do so the promoter reserves the right to draw another winner in substitution. The names of the prize winner will also be published on www.koo.co.za.
- Any prize not taken up for any reason within one month of notification will be forfeited.
- The prizes will be delivered to the winner’s charity of choice by courier. Any queries in this regard may be directed to the Consumer Services Division, on telephone number 0860 005 342 or at firstname.lastname@example.org during office hours.
- The winner and winning charity may be requested to take part in the promoter’s publicity campaigns or to allow their name, images and likenesses to be used by the promoter for promotional purposes. The winner and the charity is, however, entitled to decline such request.
- Where the winner consents to take part in the promoter’s publicity campaigns, they will not be entitled to any remuneration for such participation and all materials arising from such participation will be the sole property of the promoter.
- By entering this competition all participants accept and agree to abide by these rules.
- The promoter reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
- The judges’ decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- A copy of these rules can be found on www.koo.co.za throughout the period of the competition or can be obtained from the Consumer Services Division, as indicated in rule 15 above.