The KOO Recipes Challenge it’s all about the love for food. At KOO we are passionate about quality ingredients and with our versatile range you don’t have to be a Michelin star chef to make mouthwatering meals.
With a little know-how and some imagination you can turn ordinary into memorable, and dull into delicious. Follow our top tips to ensure your special recipe tastes as good as it looks and you could be crowned KOO Recipes Challenge champion:
- Use quality ingredients: KOO’s wide range of appetising products will add fantastic flavour and taste to your recipe.
- Follow the rules: to give yourself the best chance of winning, it is important you follow the rules so you have a good idea of what will put a smile on the judge’s faces.
- Originality: put a unique spin on a dish to make it stand out from the crowd. A little bit of flair and creativity goes a long way.
- Keep it simple: a winning recipe doesn’t have to be overly complicated or extravagant. Sometimes simplicity is best. Using readily available ingredients will ensure your recipe has a wider appeal.
- Practice makes perfect: make sure you cook the recipe yourself a couple of times. That way you can identify if anything is missing or if everyone will soon be singing your praises.
- The taste test: an appetising recipe should excite the taste buds. Test your recipe on family and friends, and use their feedback to create a show-stopping dish.
- Get inspired: explore traditional family favourites, local ingredients, and familiar foods for great recipe ideas.
- Appearance: think about how your recipe looks on a plate, to ensure that it is appealing, appetising and photographs well.
- Follow the recipe writing format: being precise with ingredients and measurements will allow the judges to replicate your recipe easily and that could be the difference between winning and losing.
- Get support: ask questions and get advice. It could be as simple as visiting the KOO website for inspiration, watching your favourite cooking show, or finding a cooking forum online.
We hope these top tips inspire you to enter the KOO Recipes Challenge 2015. You could win R10 000 and the chance to be on the entertaining Expresso Morning Show. Plus if you’re a chef or student at a culinary school or restaurant you could also win culinary equipment valued at R20 000 for your establishment.
Get cooking, get sharing and good luck!