When you eat well, you don't just look better - you also feel better. Good nutrition helps to reduce the
risk of various diseases and is an important part of leading a happy and healthy lifestyle.
Here are our top 10 tips on maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle:
- Don't skip breakfast: A healthy breakfast provides some of the vitamins and minerals needed for good health.
- Eat regular meals: Spread out your meals throughout the day, snacking between meals. This ensures that your body gets enough time to properly digest and utilize the nutrients it needs.
- Read your labels: Make sure you always read food packaging with GDA tables, this way you know what nutrients you are consuming.
- Aim for 5-A-Day: You need to eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables each day for better health.
- Variety is key: It is important to eat a variety of foods, in moderation, from within each of the five food groups:
Quench that thirst: For optimal hydration, aim to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
Good carbohydrates: Get the energy you need from consuming the right carbohydrates - these include whole-grain food, vegetables, fruits, legumes & nuts.
Practice portion control: Don't eat more than what your body needs. Keep your food portion sizes reasonable.
Don't forget your proteins: Studies show protein foods lower blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Good sources of protein include meat, fish, chicken, eggs, dairy, beans, soy foods, nuts and seeds.
Finally, lace up & get active: Walk, run or cycle. Staying physically active helps burn unneeded calories and does wonders for your heart and general health.
- - Dairy
- - Fruit
- - Grain foods
- - Lean meats and poultry, fish, eggs, tofu, nuts & seeds
- - Vegetables, legumes and beans
With KOO's wide range of delicious and wholesome products, achieving a well-balanced diet has never