- 125 g Golden Cloud Cake Flour
- 100 g Jungle Oats
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 225 g butter, softened
- Cold water, if needed to bind pastry
- 125 g butter
- 85 g brown sugar
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 5 ml orange zest
- 1 small tin granadilla pulp
- 2 cans KOO Fruit Salad, drained
- 250 ml pouring cream
- 2 tsp orange zest, grated
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp Cointreau liqueur (optional)
- 150 g milk chocolate
Kitchen gadgets:25cm springform cake tin, pan, mixing bowl, pastry roller.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Pastry: Sift the flour and cornflour, add the oat, salt and icing sugar, mix.
- Mix in the butter and mix to form a soft ball, add a little water if too dry. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Filling: Place the butter, sugar, vanilla, orange zest and granadilla pulp in a pan and heat until butter has melted.
- Creatively arrange the fruit salad on the bottom on the bottom of a greased spring form cake tin(it will be a thick layer of fruit). Pour the flavoured butter over the fruit.
- Roll the pastry out between two sheets of baking paper, until it is round and the size of the cake pan. Place the pastry on top of the fruit, tucking the edges into the inside of the tin.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- Serve with Chocolate Orange sauce and vanilla bean ice-cream.
- Chocolate Sauce: Heat cream and orange zest to boil and reduce heat, add the butter, cocoa, liqueur and chocolate and stir with a whisk until smooth and chocolate has melted. Allow to cool, serve warm or cold with the tart.