- 500 g turkey mince or chicken
- 1 can KOO Lentils, drained and rinsed well
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp KOO Tomato Paste
- ½ cup onion flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- All Gold Tomato & Herb Pasta Sauce
Kitchen gadgets:Large pan, mixing bowl
- Combine turkey, lentils, spices, tomato paste onion flakes together and season well with salt and pepper.
- Roll mixture into 16 balls about the size of golf balls.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan and fry meatballs in batches until well-browned. They don't need to be cooked through as they will continue cooking later on.
- Once all the meatballs are browned, return them all to the pan and cover with the tomato pasta sauce.
- Gently stir them so that they are well covered in the sauce. Leave to simmer gently for 25 - 30 minutes or until the sauce is thick and clings to the meatballs.
Melbourne Food Files