- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 200 g tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely sliced
200 g spring greens (or spinach/cabbage mix), shredded
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 can All Gold Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can KOO Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsps garam masala
- ½ a lemon
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
Kitchen gadgets:Frying pan, sharp knife, wooden spoon
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan, add the onion and chopped garlic, and cook gently until the onion begins to brown.
- Add the ground coriander and cumin, cayenne and turmeric. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and half a tin of water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and cook the tofu until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Stir the chickpeas into the tomato sauce, heat through, then add the paprika, garam masala, lemon juice and seasoning to taste, plus more water if it looks too dry. Add the tofu.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds and fry gently to release the aroma, then add sliced garlic and chilli.
- When the garlic begins to brown, add the spring greens and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until just cooked.
- Serve with the tofu and chickpea curry.