- 60 g icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp butter, melted
- ⅛ cup cream
- 1 can KOO Peach Slices, drained
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Golden Cloud Flour
- 1 tbsp almond paste (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- A sprinkling of coarse sugar (optional)
- 115 g (1/ 2 cup, 1 stick, 8 tbsp tbsp) butter, cut into small (1/2-inch) cubes, chilled in freezer for at least 15 minutes, preferably an hour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4-6 tbsp ice water
- 1 1/4 cup Golden Cloud Flour
Kitchen gadgets:Food processor, large bowl, rolling pin, wooden spoon/whisk
- In a food processor, pulse the flour, sugar, and salt until well mixed. Add the cubed butter and pulse 8 times. The butter should still be the size of peas in the mixture.
- Slowly add the ice water, a tablespoon or two at a time, pulsing after each addition, until the dough just begins to clump.
- Turn out onto a clean surface. Use your clean hands to form into a disc. Do not over-knead. Work the dough only enough to bring it barely together into a disk.
- Sprinkle with a little flour on all sides, wrap with plastic, and refrigerate to chill for an hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C, with the rack in the middle.
- In a medium bowl, place peaches and sprinkle with flour and sugar. Toss gently to coat, and sprinkle over with vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg until smooth and set aside.
- on a lightly floured, clean smooth surface, roll out the dough to about a 12-inch diameter. Gently lift up the rolled out dough and place it on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Arrange the peach slices in an overlapping patter in a single layer in the centre of the dough, forming about a 7 or 8-inch circle. Dot with a little butter.
- Fold the outer edges of the dough round over the filling, by about 2-inches all the way around, in an accordion fashion.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the exposed dough with an egg wash, and sprinkle with course sugar if using.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet, over a rack, about 15 minutes.