- 1 cup cream
- 75 g butter
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup caramel condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Extra toasted nuts for garnishing
- 5 cups Golden Cloud Self- Raising Flour
- 75 g butter
- 1 ml salt
- 2 cups milk
- 160 ml brown sugar
- 1 can KOO Pear Halves, drained and chopped
- 1 can KOO Unsweetened Pie Apple Slices, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ cup cranberries
- ½ cup pecan nuts, chopped & toasted
Kitchen gadgets:Mixing bowls, round cake pan
- Caramel Sauce:- Combine all ingredients in a small pan, stir constantly over heat without boiling, until the sugar is dissolved, keep warm until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and grease 2 deep 23cm round springform cake pans.
- Bread: Sift the flour into a bowl, rub in the butter, add in enough milk to make a soft, sticky dough. Flour the surface of your workspace and knead the dough until smooth. Divide the dough in half and roll the first dough on floured greaseproof paper to approx. 20 cm x 40 cm rectangle.
- Sprinkle the dough with half the sugar. Mix the pears, apples, mixed spices, cranberries and pecan nuts together. Spread half the mixture over the dough to within 3 cm from long edge. Using paper as a guide, roll up like a Swiss roll. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Use a floured knife to cut into equal sized slices. Place slices upright all over the base of the cake tins, leaving a little room between slices to allow for rising during the baking time.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until golden brown. Pour half of the caramel sauce over the top. Allow to stand for 10 minutes to allow sauce to seep in. Transfer to a cake stand, lightly pull apart spirals. Garnish with extra toasted nuts and serve extra sauce in a dipping bowl.