- 2 cans KOO Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 700 ml chicken stock
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1.5 kg lean lamb, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ cup golden raisins
Kitchen gadgets:Frying pan, slow cooking and a slotted spoon
- Pat lamb dry and season on all sides with salt and pepper. Warm oil in a pan over medium to high heat. Add lamb and cook, turning often, until browned on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Work in batches if necessary - do not overcrowd the pan or lamb will not brown properly. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add chopped onion to the pan and cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle curry powder and flour over onions. Cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in stock, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Stir to scrape up any browned bits on bottom of pan. Pour liquid in pan over lamb in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Add KOO Chickpeas, carrots and raisins and cook 1 hour longer. Use a slotted spoon to transfer lamb to a serving platter and surround with chickpeas, carrots and raisins. Taste sauce and add salt and pepper as needed. Spoon sauce over lamb and serve at once.
Courtesy of myrecipe.com