- 1 can KOO Chick Peasin Brine , drained and rinsed
- 1 can KOO Garden Peas , rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 2 Thai chilies, seeded and diced
- 1 10g cube ginger, grated
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp sweet curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Canola Oil
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 can All Gold Diced Tomatoes with Chilli, and its liquid
Kitchen gadgets:Heavy based pan, Sharp knife, Wooden spoon
- Heat oil over medium heat in a heavy bottomed pan. Sauté onions in the oil. After a few minutes, add the chilies and continue to sauté. When the onions are translucent (about five minutes total), add the garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the spices, and stir to coat, about thirty seconds.
- Pour in the water, coconut milk, chick peas, and sweet potatoes. Stir to combine. Raise the heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Once the mixture is boiling, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add the diced tomatoes with Chilli and garden peas, and simmer until everything is hot.
- Serve immediately, over rice.
Courtesy of quinoa&cookies.com