- 1 can KOO Chickpeas
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, grated
- 250 ml greek yoghurt
- 1 cup KOO Cross Cut Green Beans
- ¼ cabbage, chopped
- ¼ cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, julliened
- 3 potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 star anise
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp egg yellow food colouring
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 8 fresh curry leaves
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 250 g Tastic Rice
Kitchen gadgets:Large bowl, large pot, sharp knife
- In a large bowl, combine all the vegetables, garlic and ginger paste, salt, yoghurt, chilli powder, tomatoes, garam masala and curry leaves.
- Heat the butter in a large pot with the cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves and star anise. Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent. Add the vegetable and spice mixture to the pot and cook until the potatoes have softened.
- Add in the chickpeas and cook for about 5 minutes. Rinse the rice under water, colour with the yellow food colouring and place on top of the vegetables.
- Add enough water into the pot to submerge the rice, then cover with foil and place into the oven for 45 minutes.
- Stir in regular intervals to avoid the breyani from being too dry.
- Garnish with coriander and enjoy with a salad of your choice.