- 4 cans KOO Whole Kernel Corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Olive oil
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1 chilli of your choice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime cut into wedges for serving
- Handful of fresh mint leaves, roughly torn
- 2 avocados chopped into cubes 1cm x 1cm
Kitchen gadgets:Frying pan, Sharp knife, Paper toweling, Wooden Spoon
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and place your oven rack about 15cm from your heating element.
- Add the diced chilli, corn and sliced red onion. Toss with a teaspoon or two of olive oil to evenly coat, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a sheet pan and spread out in an even layer.
- Grill the corn, chilli and red onion for 3 to 5 minutes, shaking the pan a few times, or until charred in spots. You're looking for some noticeable char, but be mindful to not overcook. Remove the pan, add the avocado, and broil for a minute or two longer. In the process of broiling, you may hear or see a few corn kernels starting to jump around on the hot pan a good indication that they're done. Remove sheet pan from oven.
- To make lime vinaigrette: whisk together lime juice, honey, and cayenne, and then slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil, whisking until emulsified. Season to taste.
- Transfer corn mixture to a serving bowl, add cherry tomatoes, mint and basil, and drizzle in the lime vinaigrette, a few teaspoons at a time. You may not need the full amount. Toss and taste for seasoning. Serve with lime wedges.
Courtesy of food52.com and EmilyC