- 250 g cottage cheese, smooth and plain
- 350 g butter
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 10 ml orange zest, grated
- 1 kg icing sugar
- 75 ml orange juice 100%
- 15 ml lemon juice
- Orange food colouring: gel or powder (optional)
- 50 g butter
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 can KOO Unsweetened Pie Apple Slices, roughly chopped
- 1 ml ground clove
- 1 ml ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 ¾ cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 XL eggs
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp bicarb
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup KOO Apple Sauce
- 1 cup KOO Peach Slices, finely chopped
- 750 g carrots, grated
- ½ cup cranberries (optional)
- 1 cup mixed unsalted nuts, roughly chopped
Kitchen gadgets:Electric Mixer, 2 x trays of large cupcake pans, cooling rack, pot, piping bag and nozzle
- Filling: Put all ingredients together in a pot and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes to allow spices to develop with the apple. Filling should be thick like a compote'. Allow to cool.
- Cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 175°C. Grease and line the pans with cupcake holders.
- Sift the flour, spices, baking powder, salt and bicarb together.
- Beat the oil, sugars, vanilla and eggs together until creamy and light yellow. Add the flour mix to the egg mixture and mix to combine.
- Add the Apple Sauce, peach slices, carrots, cranberries and nuts and mix well.
- Spoon batter into each cupcake hole until halfway. Put a teaspoon of apple filling on top and then top with another spoon of batter to cover the filling.
- Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the pan before removing and putting on a wire rack.
- Icing: Using an electric beater with a whisk attachment, beat the butter until light and fluffy, add the rest of the ingredients (except food colouring) and mix to combine for 2 minutes. Increase speed and whip until light, smooth and creamy. If the icing is too thick, add a little milk to soften.
- Colour the icing to a bright orange and put it into a piping bag with a large star nozzle. Swirl the top of the cupcake with icing around the outside of the top of the cupcake. Fill the middle with extra fruit filling.