- 1 can KOO Whole Kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 cup fresh chopped onion
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 tsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 medium red bell peppers, seeded and julienned (cut into strips)
- 5 egg whites
- 1 whole jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1 tbps sour cream (plain yogurt can be used) (optional)
- 1 can KOO Red Kidney Beans in Brine, drained and rinsed
Kitchen gadgets:Sharp knife, Fying pan, Whisk, Plate, Spatula
- Place the onions and 1 teaspoon of the oil in a 20 cm nonstick pan. Cover and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until the onions are soft and golden. Add the bell peppers (and chilli pepper, if desired) and saute on medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the corn, red kidney beans, and coriander. Cover, lower the heat, and cook for about 5 minutes, until hot. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, egg whites, and salt until fluffy. Stir the bean and corn mixture into the eggs.
- Coat the bottom of the same pan with the remaining teaspoon of oil and return it to medium heat. When the pan is hot, pour in the egg mixture and distribute the corn and beans evenly in pan. Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until the edges are firm and the bottom has browned.
- Place a large, flat plate or pizza pan over the pan and flip the skillet over so that the frittata falls onto the plate. Slide the frittata back into the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes more, until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Cut the frittata into wedges and serve hot or at room temperature, topped with salsa and a dollop of sour cream or yogurt, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of dlight.com