- 1 can KOO Apricot Halves, drained and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- Black pepper & salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 900 g skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 to 2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp Tabasco Pepper Sauce
- 1 chopped onion
Kitchen gadgets:Large bowl, flat edged spatula, large saucepan, blender
- Place the chopped apricots in a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and the vinegar. Let sit while you brown the chicken in the next step.
- In a large sauté; pan, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, place chicken pieces in the pan, without crowding the pan, and brown them on each side. As the chicken cooks, sprinkle salt over it. Once the chicken is browned, remove the pieces from the pan to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and sauté; the onion until it begins to brown. As the onion cooks and releases moisture, use the spatula to scrape off the browned bits from the chicken from the bottom of the pan.
- Once the onions have browned a bit, add the chicken stock and lower the heat to medium.
- Put about 2/3 of the apricots, along with any juice they have given up, into a blender and blend into a puré;e. Pour the purée into the pan with the chicken stock and onions.
- Add the cinnamon, rosemary and Tabasco and taste. You may need to add some salt. Bring to a simmer, then lower the heat and gently simmer for 10 - 20 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve, put the chicken and the remaining apricot pieces into the pan and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.