- 2 cups rocket, roughly torn
- 1 can KOO Apricot Halves, drained and cut in half
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- 2 cups roasted chicken breast, cut into cubes (optional) or croutons (for vegetarian alternative)
- 2 cups red frilly lettuce (la la rosa)
- 1 can KOO Chickpeas, drained
- ½ can KOO Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 can KOO Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped roughly
- ½ cup baby tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup peppered feta or smoked mozzarella, cubed
- 1 cup plain bulgarian or greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup 100% orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ½ tsp fresh red chilli, chopped fine
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbs canola oil
- 2 tsp spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp poppy seed
Kitchen gadgets:Large celebration glass salad bowl
- Dressing: Whisk all the ingredients together. Chill and allow to infuse for 20 minutes before using. Adjust seasoning with salt and coarse black pepper if required.
- Salad: Mix the chickpeas, beans, corn and mint together
- Mix the Baby tomatoes and feta together.
- Layer the salad in a tall glass bowl or in individual jars.
- For visual and flavour, layer as following from the bottom up. 1 Rocket; 2 Apricots; 3 Red Onion; 4 Chicken Breast Cubes(or croutons); 5 Red Frilly Lettuce; 6 Bean and Mint Mix; 7 Tomato and Feta Mix
- Just before serving, drizzle dressing liberally over the top and allow to seep through. Serve any extra dressing separately for people to add extra if required.